IHI's Portland Properties
Since 1991 Innovative Housing has developed twelve projects that provide 844 affordable rental units to residents of the Portland metropolitan area. Click here for information about renting an affordable apartment.
- The Erickson Fritz Apartments, Old Town, Portland [View]In July 2015 IHI completed the historic renovation of the Erickson Saloon and Fritz Hotel Buildings, converting vacant commercial space into 62 apartment homes. Close to public transit, Waterfront Park, and all the amenities of downtown, these studio and one-bedroom units offer modern amenities and historic charm. 52 of these apartments are income restricted; the remaining 10 are market-rate and have no income restrictions. Residents enjoy a home rich in history and Portland lore that is celebrated with art installations in two interior courtyards and a community room that hosts on-site programming and monthly First Thursday art shows.
- The Magnolia Apartments, NE Portland [View]The Magnolia Apartments were completed in September 2013. This all-brick, energy efficient building is located in the Eliot Neighborhood of Northeast Portland, just one block from Irving Park. The Magnolia has 41 one-bedroom and 9 two-bedroom apartment homes with high quality finishes, including granite countertops and hardwood cabinets. Additional amenities for residents include two roof decks, balconies/patios for each unit, washers/dryers in every unit, and community space on the ground floor. The Magnolia also showcases three art installations created by local artists: Taking Flight, the Jumptown Video Wall, and Clouds.
- Modern Rich Apartments, Old Town [View]Renovated in 2012, the Modern Rich Apartments blend historic charm with modern amenities and urban studio living. Located in Old Town, a block from MAX and in the heart of the Entertainment District, the Modern Rich Apartments offer 34 studio apartments surrounding an open courtyard.
- The Clifford, SE Portland [View]Built in 1911 and renovated by Innovative Housing in 2010, the Clifford is an historic 88-unit building with a mix of Single Resident Occupancy (SRO) units, studios, and one-bedroom apartments. The one-bedroom and studio units have private bathrooms and kitchenettes. On-site laundry and secure storage units are available. The Clifford is conveniently located just across the river from downtown Portland and is easily accessible by bus.
- Broadway Vantage Apartments, NE Portland [View]Built in 2008, Broadway Vantage Apartments is a multifamily apartment complex located one block from the NE 82nd Ave MAX Station. Spacious studio, one-, two-, three-, and four-bedroom apartments offer dishwashers and washer/dryers in the units. There is an onsite children's play area and a Creative Minds Learning Center daycare shares the groundfloor.
- Lyndon Musolf Manor, Downtown Portland [View]Formerly the Foster Hotel, this was IHI's first tax credit project and was completed in 1991. Renamed Lyndon Musolf Manor in 1998 in honor of IHI's founding Board President, this historic hotel provides 95 studio apartments for elderly and disabled individuals with very low incomes. All units are furnished and have their own kitchens and bathrooms. IHI completed a major historic rehabilitation and seismic upgrade to the building in 2008.
- Morrison Park Apts. in the Whitmarsh Building, Downtown Portland [View]Morrison Park is a beautifully restored historic hotel with 60 apartments (mostly studios, each with their own kitchen and bathroom) located in the heart of downtown on the MAX light rail line. The building houses a Portland Community College classroom in the basement.
- Hewitt Place, Troutdale [View]Renovated in 2010, Hewitt Place is a 44-unit family complex that offers one 1-bedroom unit and 43 three-bedroom units. Each unit has a full kitchen, living room, dining room, garage, washer/dryer set, and patio with yard. There are play areas for children, and Mt. Hood Community College is just across SE Stark Street.
- Village Square, Gresham [View]Village Square is a 72-unit family apartment complex offers two- and three-bedroom units, a swimming pool, community room, and play areas for children.
- Kinnaman Townhomes, Aloha [View]Kinnaman Townhomes provides 40 two- and three-bedroom townhome-style apartments for families. There are backyard patios and play areas for children, and reduced-fee day care is available on-site.
- Center Commons, NE Portland [View]A five-acre showcase of mixed-income, transit-oriented urban development, Center Commons includes 172 units of housing for seniors, 56 market-rate apartments, and 60 apartments for families. This development is within walking distance of a MAX light rail line and has on-site day care options as well as a play area for children.
- Garden Park Apartments, Gresham [View]Renovated in 2002, Garden Park has 63 two-bedroom apartments for low-income families, with play areas for children.
- Springtree Apartments, SE Portland [View]Extensively renovated in 2000, Springtree offers 72 one- and two-bedroom apartments for low-income families, plus a swimming pool.